On November 16, at the end of G20 Summit, G20 Leaders declared the G20 Communique which emphasized a resolve to ensure growth is robust and inclusive and delivers more and better quality jobs.
From B20 perspective the Communique represents the success of B20 Turkey Presidency by reflecting directly or indirectly 14 of 19 recommendations of B20 Turkey.
What has been achieved?
- The B20-supported World SME Forum (WSF) became the first private-led entity welcomed by the G20 Leaders’ Communique.
- The World SME Forum is acknowledged as a global body to facilitate contributions of SMEs to growth and employment.
- The G20 commitment to increase efforts to implement all the elements of the WTO Bali Package overlaps with the B20 Recommendation on Trade covering ratification and implementation of the Trade Facilitation Agreement.
- Digital economy and Internet issues, as highlighted by the B20 Turkey, are covered in the G20 Leaders’ Communique for the first time.
- Four out of five B20 Energy recommendations are reflected in the G20 Leaders’ Communique.
For detailed analysis of the G20 Leaders’ Communique, please visit http://b20turkey.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/B20-Policy-Achivements.pdf